Looking for direction in your career?
Are you a high school or college student trying to choose a major?
Making decisions about the next steps in your career requires self-awareness so you find work that aligns with your natural abilities and interest. This online self-paced career exploration course offering lifetime access is packed with instructional videos and proven explorative activities developed from my years of experience helping people to find clarity in their careers.
Perfect for high school or college students who are searching for clarity as well as working adults who are transitioning to a new field, or just looking to move to a new role more suited to their interests and natural abilities.
What Makes This Course Different?
- Option to include natural abilities assessment (Highlands Ability Battery) and debrief with a Certified Highlands Consultant.
- Option to include strengths assessment (Clifton’s Strengthfinder) and debrief with a Certified Strengths Coach.
- Step–by–step guides and videos.
- Proven exploration methods taken from thousands of 1:1 career clarity coaching sessions and interviewing people who love their work.
- Elements from The Whole Person Model – Goes over the influences of skills, interests, personal style, family, values, goals, and career stage. You’ll see the importance of being intentional about including other influences in your decision-making — and those influences have names.
- Access to reduced 1:1 follow-up coaching after completing the course.
- Self-Reflection – Deep Self-Reflective Questions, Skill Mapping, Looking Back at Memorable Moments
- Personal Style – Introversion Vs Extroversion, Are You a Generalist or a Specialist?
- How To Effectively Get Feedback From Others
- Identifying Your Natural Abilities
- What Are Your Values?
- What Are My Interests?
- Effective Tips For Avoiding and Overcoming Fear
- How To Explore Options
- Tying It All Together
How do I contact you?
Feel free to send your questions to [email protected]
Hello, I’m Darius
At one point in my life, I hated going to work so bad that I had anxiety about going back even as I exited the building for the weekend. You’re probably wondering how I got there…
It started when I graduated high school, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I chose to go to college because that was what everyone told me to do. After changing my major 6 times and finally completing a degree in general studies, I was still lost. I was miserable as I went from job to job trying to find my niche. Luckily, I landed a job in youth development and quickly realized this was a good fit for me. Luckily, I landed a job in youth development and quickly realized it was a good fit for me. My career transitioned to career coaching in higher education and helping people who were laid off in outplacement. I’ve also taught career development courses as an Adjunct Professor and now work as a College and Career Coach for an online high school as my day job. You can find out more about my career path here.
That miserable time in my life became my life’s mission, I wanted to help other people who were lost to find work that gave them excitement every day. Working with thousands of people in the field of career development for many years along with interviewing people who loved their work, led me to develop tools and activities that work in helping people to find direction. I’ve used these tools to create this Online Find Your Work career exploration course.
As a Highlands Certified Consultant and Multi-Certified Strengths and Career Coach, I use additional practical tools like the Highlands Ability Battery, CliftonsStrengths Assessment, and years of coaching experience to help people find clarity and work that brings them fulfillment. Once a person has clarity, I can also work with them in the next steps whether it’s using my skills as a Certified Professional Resume Writer, business coaching, or finding a job by offering job search strategies, interview preparation, and salary negotiations.
StartWelcome To The Course (3:34)
StartSection 1: Self-Reflection (2:23)
StartLooking Back At Memorable Moments
StartSection 2: Personal Style (1:31)
StartAre You An Introvert or Extrovert
StartGeneralist vs Specialist
StartSection 3: Get Feedback From People Who Know You Best (1:43)
StartSection 4: Identifying Natural Abilities (2:50)
StartNatural Abilities Worksheet
StartSection 5: Identifying Values (1:59)
StartSection 6: Avoiding Fear (2:54)
StartAvoiding Fear Worksheet
StartSection 7: Exploring Opportunities (1:53)
StartLets Explore Worksheet
StartCongrats! You Made It To The End (1:46)
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you so much for your interest in my course. To find out more about me view my website at www.careerskyrocket.com